You thought I had forgotten, didn’t you? Nope, I’ve just been a bit busy today, but I still managed to whip up this interesting way to get your greens in!
Kale, Chevre & Avocado Dip
A couple of handfuls of kale
1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 oz Chevre (goat cheese)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Salt to taste
- In a cast iron skillet, heat olive oil, saute onion, when translucent, throw in kale and garlic and toss with tongs to wilt the kale. Add a little salt to help the kale wilt more easily.
- Once it’s wilted, add kale mixture and all other ingredients to a food processor or blender.
- Bash the heck out of it until it is smooth. Add a little more olive oil if it is not mixing well.
- Taste for seasoning and add more lemon or salt if needed.
- Serve with either tortilla chips or pita chips.
Full of veggies and protein, this is a dip you can feel good about eating!