Last week I posted about why I love Classic Cast Iron Cookware. I know several people expressed to me that they have some cast iron, but they don’t know what to cook with it. So, today I wanted to share with you some of my favorite things to cook in different pieces.
***This post contains affiliate links. A small percentage of the purchase price of items bought here will go toward keeping this farm and this blog up and running, so thanks!***
Yes, I am hungry right now. Why do you ask?
10 Favorite Things to Cook in Cast Iron
1. Artisan Bread in a Dutch Oven. Isn’t this beautiful? It was even cooked over a campfire!
2. Green Beans in a Small Dutch Oven the one I have is made for use in a campfire, but it works just fine in my oven. It was even better when I had a gas stove at the old house, because it could sit right on the burner and I could use it on the stovetop if I wanted.
3. Peppers & Onions or a Quesadilla in my round griddle. My mom gave me this one. It has since become my favorite!
4. Steaks on my Reversible Grill Pan (These are especially good when you remember to pre-heat the pan!) We use this when it’s too cold, or we are too tired to light the Big Green Egg.
6. Omelette in 10″ Skillet. I was honestly amazed when my pan became seasoned enough to make an omelette! I have wasted so much money in the past on crummy omelette pans, it’s unreal!
8. Cookies on the griddle (this is the other side of the grill pan from #4!) I was amazed when I realized a well-seasoned griddle works as well, if not better than a cookie sheet!
9. Cajeta (Mexican goat milk caramel. Recipe coming soon!) in enameled dutch oven (I got a GREAT bargain on this at a scratch and dent store!)
I hope this helps you gain a little inspiration for digging out that cast iron and giving it a try. Do you have a favorite piece in your collection or one with sentimental value? Let’s hear about it!